Wednesday, March 17, 2010

random thoughts

I really am enjoying this blogging journey - but in all honesty, am a little apprehensive/uncertain of it as well.  Who really wants to hear/read what's going on with me, what random thoughts are going through my brain, what things are changing in my relationship with Isaac, etc.  I don't suffer from some over-inflated notion that I'm so important that people are just hanging on to see what happens next. Maybe it's just the uncertainty that I don't want to just put out energy for something that is of no value.... hmm....
Perhaps the value in this is the mere fact of having a place to drop my thoughts - pure & simple, good and/or bad.

On another note - things with Ike man are good.  We've been counting the days until we leave for vacation and both of us need it bad.  Ran ourselves ragged the last few weeks and need a place & time to just unwind & rejuvenate.  This is much needed.  It'll be interesting to see how things play out - our first "family" vacation with my folks & brother since the wedding.  I'm sure things will be fine - but the dynamics are different, so we'll see.
My mom made mention this morning about my dad being forgetful and a little off.  She seemed genuinely concern a bit.  Prayers on that would be awesome.  My pops is almost 60 - but I know he'll be around for a while.  Just want minimum concerns right now - and want to enjoy being around him.  I love that man - he taught me how to have standards in my life, how to work hard no matter what, he is a living example of how to make your life better no matter what your background is, and he taught me what it was to be cherished by the man in my life.  I love that man - he's been an amazing dad over all, sure there were tough times and hard times....but in the long run, I couldn't ask, nor would I want to, for a better dad. He never forgot flowers on Valentine's day, Whitman's chocolates at Christmas, and always took me on father/daughter dates.  He's awesome.

Phew...a little bit longer than I was expecting...
Now to finish work, chow down at St. Patrick's Day dinner at Momma Marilyn's. then PACKING!  Palm Springs - here I come!! Photos/posts to come during the trip!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment