Thanks to Lauren at the little things we do for the blanks!
1. The holiday season is a time to be with family, enjoying the real reasons for the season. And a time to share kindness & warmth with those around you.
2. Snow makes me indifferent? I like looking at the snow from the safety & warmth of my house. I don't jump for joy about it, but I'm not bah-humbug about it either. I'm not afraid to drive in it, though I absolutely hate all the scaredy cats or dare devils who drive like idiots in it!
3. The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is grilled cheese & homemade tomato soup.... OR my grandma's famous cheese bread
4. Winter is the best time for bundling up in all my favorite cozy items. Sweat pants, slippers, long sleeves, vests, sweatshirts, etc
5. I can hardly wait for Birthday & Christmas in Hawaii -- a nice tradition we're forming!
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to shop for organizations like Angel Tree (need to pick up that basketball for our kid!) or Toys for Tots
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am about a 7 or 8 -- It's always a little odd when you travel to sunny/warm places during the holiday season when you're used to cold, crisp, grey. But it's getting easier with each year to get excited about spending Christmas day on a beach, eating kalbi ribs & rice. I always seem to have a hard time getting motivated to decorate my house. The tree ALWAYS goes up, but the rest of it...I can't seem to quite pull everything out. But I AM excited about post Christmas family dinner when my brother is home! Can't wait!!
Alright -- back to maintaining the office while Mom is gone. It's been a little hectic, but I'm pretty proud of how my buddy Eric & I have maintained everything.
Have a wonderful weekend friends!