Friday, December 16, 2011

Fill-In-The-Blank Friday!

Well dear friends -- I am a mere 3 days away from leaving on a jet plane to the beautiful island of O'ahu....  Words right now can't quite explain my excitement for a break from "real" life.  My profile picture is of Isaac & I last year & let me tell you, I can't wait to see sunsets like that again!

But for now......on to the blanks, provided by Lauren at the little things we do who faithfully provides each week! Thanks Lauren!

1.  My most favorite "little thing" is crashing on the couch on a Sunday afternoon, curled up in my favorite fleece blanket & napping.


2.  I'd give anything to travel the world for 6 months with no fear of how my "real" life would be handled/affected.


3.  I can't believe how blessed I am to be married to Isaac.  Had a nice dinner with one of his players the other night who's a senior & headed off to a Pac-12 school next fall.  Probably one of the nicest, most thoughtful kids we've known in a long time -- and probably one of the most mis-understood as well. But my honey Isaac is incredible and connected with him.  This kid wrote a letter to Isaac that brought us both to tears & reminded me that the sacrifices made in the fall for these kids are so, very much worth it. The seeds Isaac is sowing with them may not bloom right away -- but they're worth it.  These kids are worth it. And I'm blessed to be married to an incredible man who loves those kids for who they are, not just what they do on a football field.


4.  The one thing I'd like to achieve today is  wrapping Isaac's Christmas presents!! I've been delaying....


5.  The last thing I want to do today is fold our remaining laundry....becoming one of my least favorite things to do.  But we need clean clothes for vacation! Oh...and tidying up around the house. 


6.  If I were writing my own blank today, it would say "What are 2 lessons you're parents taught you that you'll always remember/pass forward?"


7.  My favorite candle scent is I know it sounds lame but there's a Glade Hawaiian scent one that I love love love....and anything harkening towards French vanilla... :)


<3

1 comment:

  1. I am so, so, SO jealous that you are in beautiful Hawaii right now! I hope you have a great trip!

    when you get back... I tagged you in a little survey type post! :)

    http://mandeefofandee.blogspot.com/2011/12/tag.html

    ReplyDelete