Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I likely say this every year...well every year since Isaac and I have been together...but I've been having a hard time getting in to the whole Christmas/Holiday spirit.  Yes we have our tree up. Yes I listen to Christmas music most of the day.  Yes we have our stockings hung.  And yes we even have our ornaments purchased.  But beyond that I don't have much energy for anything else.


I try not to be envious of all these posts & pictures of everyone gearing up for the holiday.  Perhaps my attitude has changed a little bit over the last few years.  We used to travel over holidays frequently as a family -- but now it's just Isaac & I.  And so it's tough to get my house and head in the right mind frame for Christmas when I know we're going to actually be spending Christmas day on the beach.  Sure I know that sounds glamorous, and it is a bit -- but it's still a far cry from what I was used to.  And I'm not even sure how to remediate it.... Hmm...suggestions?


In the mean time I'm also focused on keeping my head above water over these last few days that mom is gone.  It's been crazy yesterday & today -- crazy to the point of tears I'm sad to say.  I'm not proud of that at all, but that has been my reality...  Plus I just miss my momma & am ready for her to be home.  


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment