Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm Back....and Alive!

Dear Friends! I so apologize for my absence this past week or so!  Prepping for vacation, early birthday celebrations & then time in Hawaii were my total focus these last two weeks.

It was so nice to enjoy my birthday with husband in Waikiki this year -- a special treat! We even treated ourselves to private pool cabana chairs at the adult pool! Thank you Sheraton Waikiki for this ingenious perk! Reserved it for the whole day....do you know how hard it is to get good pool chairs & hold on to them all day?! Especially in Waikiki! And the weather was pretty nice to us during the trip, just a few rain showers a couple days -- but then we had a BEAUTIFUL Christmas day at the North Shore! Tried to take some more photos this trip - and finally jumped on the Instagram train...so some of them are tinted that way!
Pool Chairs for my birthday!
Our view for the day! Beautiful Diamond Head
Driving to hike Diamond Head w/ our buddy Nate
 View towards Waikiki & downtown from Le'ahi (Diamond Head)
  Post hike snack....hot malasadas at the famous Leonard's Bakery!
Ike hold our niece Zaylee on Christmas eve -- such a happy, smiley baby!
One of three turtles that came on shore Christmas day!
Mele Kalikimaka?? Cousin Makoa
Christmas Day North Shore style!
 Ike painted large Hanafuda (Japanese card game) cards for his cousins & aunt!
Isaac & the women in his life! MIL Sheila, Grandma Chiko, & Me
Merry (late) Christmas from the Parkers!

It was a nice trip, had good opportunities to visit with cousins Reid & Kim, Isaac's dad & step-dad.  We both are thankful for family, and for non-touristy vacations sometimes.  Christmas in Hawaii is different (from food, to weather & more) but it's Isaac's first home & so we are thankful for time together & time with extended family!
Hope you all enjoy this week & New Year's weekend! I'll snap some photos of my family -- little brother is headed home TODAY(yaaaaaaaay)! And so we're headed to my Gran's cabin in WA to ring in the New Year and be together. So looking forward to quality time!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I would love to go to Hawaii one day and when that day comes...Leonard's Bakery is definitely on my list. I read about it a long time ago and I dream about it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete