Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Color

And no I'm not talking about the color of my skin! I'm naturally pretty fair skinned, so a change in my coloring is very slight every year.

What I AM talking about is my new favorite summer nail color!  I have always been a big fan of Essie nail polish, two coats & you're done...sometimes even one!  So on a recent Target adventure, I snapped up a couple new polishes to add to the collection. 


The first being Ballet Slippers
So cute & feminine!  Definitely more of an every day color.

And the second being Cute As A Button!
I normally don't wear brighter colors on my fingers -- but I took a risk, and am SO glad I did! It is quintessentially the perfect summer color.  Somewhat coral, somewhat orange, just enough pink tones.  Perfect! Two quick coats & I was done.  I think they may have changed their formula a little too, because I'm pretty certain it didn't take as long for my nails to dry either!
I love the color, hubby loves the color and family loves the color. 
It makes think retro 40's/50's -- very fun :)
Here's a picture of the color on....although in the photo it looks more orange - scouts honor, in real life it looks more pink/coral

What's your go to summer nail polish color?  Any tips or tricks for at home/DIY manicures??
<3

2 comments:

  1. I love nailpolish :) I too just bought a very bright orange which is very out of character for me, but I loved it!

    Hello from your newest follower! :)

    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Breanna! Thanks for following! :) I know I'm not normally a bright colored nail polish girl -- at least not on my fingers! :)

    ReplyDelete