Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back Home

Finally made it back home from our quick trip to Denver for brother-in-law's wedding.  I'll post up some pics tomorrow.  I only snapped a few, and some of the ones from the wedding are a little off - but I'll post none the less.  
It was a good trip. Quite honestly the first time I think I've felt like I was a part of Isaac's family.  It was a nice change from previous trips.  I wasn't sure how I would fit in during all the pre-wedding activities....so I tried to just step in & volunteer to take care of Isaac's grandma.  I think she's the cutest, but I also don't have as much history as everyone else.  I walked with her, made sure she didn't trip, made sure she had her jacket, watched her purse...anything she needed.  And I'm happy to say that I think that's exactly what my mother-in-law needed.  A short, small reprieve a few times during the trip to allow her to focus on Matt, Crystal, the wedding & herself.  I was happy to be able to help in that way - to contribute in that small way.
And now we are back home, back in the swing of our life.  I love coming home, to our home....to our normal.  I was reminded a number of times this weekend how thankful & blessed I am to be married to Isaac, to be a part of his life, to be creating a life & world of our own.  
So back to catching up on our DVR'd shows & switching over the initial rounds of post travel laundry.  
<3

1 comment:

  1. aw, i'm glad it turned out well..but enjoy being home - coming there is the best for me!

    ReplyDelete