Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Mania!

Crikey!  Is it me or is everyone around me getting pregnant or trying to get pregnant?! Yeesh!  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having kids - and plan on having kids with hubby.  But not right now, that's for sure.

Two posts today already from other blogs I follow about maternity shoots or pregnancy announcements.  Did I miss the memo?   Was I expected to jump on this band wagon?  Are these signs or nudges?  Even this weekend, one of our friends approached me and attempted to coyly ask me if I was pregnant because she didn't see me drinking wine.  So yesterday while in a random rant session with BFF Monique we both came to the same conclusion when people asks that question....

Should we be pissed that you noticed we weren't drinking and maybe think we're an alcoholic of sorts...
OR
Should we be upset that you're blatantly over stepping a boundary of me deciding on who & when people find out that we're pregnant?

So peculiar the way some people act when others are pregnant.  One lady at Mo's work even asked Mo to let her know when they started "trying."  Why yes random work lady, I would love to give you notice of when hubby & I start having sex at regular intervals in the hopes of conceiving (*please note heavy sarcasm).    Honestly, why would someone ask that?!  
We had a long talk during our walk last night about how crazy some people are and how nosey they can be when it comes to things that used to be somewhat private.  I say this respectfully - because I will likely post from time to time when I am pregnant about being pregnant - but some people put, in my opinion (wait this is my blog...who else's opinion would it be??...anyway...), way too much information out there.  What if something happens, what is nothing happens when you're trying to conceive but you've given notice to everyone in the public world & then are bombarded with people & their questions & advice & "expertise."  Talk about pressure! Sheesh!

So all that to say -- I'm not a hater of babies (quite the opposite in fact), but it sure is overwhelming when every where you seem to turn there are babies & people having babies.
What do you think about the whole baby notification scene??
<3

1 comment:

  1. oh that is true! i never thought that asking if someone was pregnant was nosey but it totally is!

    ReplyDelete