Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cooking At Home

We've be kind of lax over the last few weeks about cooking at home.  We wanted to start cooking at home more for financial reasons but also because it's just fun to try different things.  Get some recipes under our belt that we could do with our eyes closed once we have kids.

So this last week we made out our meal plan for this week before we head out of town & thus far every dinner has been great.  Bearcat Wraps on Sunday, Shrimp Fajitas yesterday & Steak Salad tonight with this  balsamic tomato concoction. Thank you Gina's Skinny Recipes for the inspiration!

  It was SO DELISH! Like extremely yummy - not something Isaac and I had thought of before but it was perfect for our dinner tonight.
And tomorrow you might be wondering what is on our agenda for tomorrow & Thursday... Well here it is: Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches with coleslaw & corn, and Thursday will be bringing mini Turkey Meatloaf & Quinoa Salad.  Gosh I'm SO looking forward to the next two nights!  So along with trying to cooking more at home, where we have the most control,  we are going to incorporate more work outs in to our life.  I desperately need to get back on track with my weight lifting, and especially my running!  I know I can handle long runs - I just have not given myself the chance to do them lately.  But I'm thankful that Isaac has offered to join WW so that we can hold each other accountable to that plan and to the weigh ins.  Because we both want to be in the most healthy place possible before we start having children so we can be the most prepared & ready for those little ones.  I have a pretty fantastic husband
<3

2 comments:

  1. basalmic ANYTHING is good to me, i'm so trying this!!!
    running is so hard to get back in to if you haven't done it in awhile...i'm just back in to the habit again but it was a struggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great meal. Have a fantastic Monday, sunshine
    Kisses

    P.S: I'm hosting an amazing Fischer's dress Giveaway Reloaded today! Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete