Monday, May 9, 2011

The Wall

Have you ever hit that wall at 100mph?  Ever felt like you kept running in to that same wall over & over again?  That's been my reality the last couple months at work.  I've blogged about it before - about the struggles and frustrations of working with your mom, the overall stress of the economy right now & how that impacts the real estate economy.
But this morning I felt like I had run in to that wall for the 100th time - and just had enough.  Don't go crazy, I didn't up & quit my job.  Just had a moment where I needed my mom to be my mom and not my boss, & let me just cry for a minute.  It's so exhausting feeling like you fight & fight every day to do the right things, help people out, do the very best job that you can - and in the end it feels to have been for not.
We've been toying and day dreaming about what our lives would be like if we were living some where else, doing something else.  What would it be like, how would we make it work, how would/could we liquidate our current lives to start a new some where else entirely.  And honestly, today was the first time I've seriously considered it.  Even if only for a 2 minute interval.



I'm looking forward to a mini road trip with Isaac this week to celebrate a dear friend's wedding.  Maybe it'll give us a chance to talk thru these things more in depth - to see if maybe there is something to a change of scenery for us.  I'm not sure anything will come of it - but it'll just be good to go thru the motions and day dream together.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment