Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm baaaaaack!

We got back in to the Pacific Northwest last night...and boy am I tired! I always forget how exhausting traveling is...who would have thought!

That said...I'm sad not to be in Hawaii any more.  Loved seeing our friends the Foxes, and spending time with Isaac's family.  In time I know I'll feel more comfortable...it just will take me time.  I'm a slow warm when it comes to meeting folks and divulging who I am to them.  And it makes me nervous sometimes - thus, it seems to be easier to retreat to a book and hide there.  But all in all a successful trip - with a few revelations for hubby Isaac & I about who we are as a couple, a small family & how we want & need our vacations to be structured.  
Highlight was of course all the wonderful food - hit up these local spots(to name a few): Helena's Hawaiian Food (kick butt kalua pig & husband's favorite...lau lau), Rainbow's Drive In (typically our first stop post arrival - but saved it for our last day lunch), Sam Choy's (Christmas Eve dinner with Foxes...not what we expected, but a funny story now to add to the collection!), Ige's Restaurant & 19th Puka - a standard eating spot for our family (ridiculously good flap meat & other pupus), and of course made a couple stops to the best bakery in Wahiawa.... Kilani Bakery for some malasadas, long johns, turn overs & Haupia cake!
Sad to say that I suck at taking photos.  So much so that I literally probably have none from the whole trip!  Hubby & I want to be better about capturing & recording our adventures as a newly married couple.  Thus - New Years Resolution....Capture life's moments, even the smallest ones: our favorite meals, Isaac's crafts, family, adventures, etc.


Hope you all have a wonderful New Years! See you in 2011!
<3


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment