Friday, December 17, 2010

Fill In the Blank Friday!

Fill in your own blanks & play along!  Link up with Lauren at the little things we do...

1.   Giving is       probably the best part of this time of year.  Eagerly searching for that one gift that will make someone smile. It's so fun! Sometimes a challenge, but hey - who doesn't love a challenge every once in a while! :)

2.  Receiving is   equally as fun!  I'm not even going to try & lie or even fib. I love getting presents.  It's definitely one of my receiving love languages - words of affirmation & gifts. 

3.  The best gift I ever received was       without question my Barbie dream house & pool.  I think I was in 3rd grade & loved it!  It was 3 section, 2 story house with an elevator, her own mansion of a room.  And the pool had a slide & working water feature. I loooved it!

4.  The best gift I ever gave was   my parents' 30th anniversary trip.  My brother & teamed up to send our parents to Mackinac Island, Michigan to stay at the hotel where the movie "Somewhere in Time" was filmed. Since getting home they have said numerous times that it was a trip of a lifetime.  That movie is very near & dear to the two of them & our family - they watch it every Valentine's day, they had the soundtrack playing when I was born, & my dad & I walked down the aisle at my wedding to the theme song.    .

5.  Something intangible that I wish I could receive is       cooking skills - being able to whip together a delicious meal with anything I have on hand & not freak out about it.

6.  Something intangible that I wish I could give is        sincerity.  I think so many people lack that now a days.  Rather than genuinely being interested in how/who people are, many are only interested in what those people can do for them.

7.  The one gift I always wanted as a child, but never got was       a barbie jeep to drive around in.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment