Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mother/Daughter Relationships

That's me & my mom about 2 1/2 years ago on a trip to Washington D.C. for a wedding.

Most of the time, probably about 85-90%, we get along fine - in fact pretty dang well considering other mother/daughter relationships I've seen.  But it's those other times that are really challenging for me.  Especially given the fact that we work together.  And today is one of "those" times - where she is frustrated (trying to get out of town) & I have a short fuse (because I want to get out of town and it's close) and that's just a recipe for a perfect storm.  And then throw in all the stress of work, stupid agents, silly clients, stress with my Gran, stress of getting out of town, etc.  She always threatens to fire me which will likely never happen; and I hate that inevitably this impacts our relationship outside the office.  
Honestly sometimes it makes it hard for me to want to be around her outside the office.

I just want to get out of town (yes I know I've been saying that probably for the past 5 straight days).  I want to walk thru the Christmas lights tonight with my friend, finish my brother's Christmas present, finish our laundry & curl up and go to bed.
Or maybe it's the red light that's throwing my emotions all over the place.  

It's hard to be a daughter sometimes...
<3

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that as much as I love my mom I couldnt work with her as we are very different. Wish you a good rest, sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete