Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Simple Life

Today in catching up on some of my favorite blogs I was inspired!  Marcie at Lemons and Laundry was talking about appreciating the simple things in life, and how we find ourselves getting tied up with the trappings of all the great technology around us.

Like I said..I was inspired.  And it's incredibly true - and it made me think about the time Isaac & I spend together.  What are we doing when we're together?  How much more meaningful would it be to just sit and play cards or board games, or take our lovable Boston boy for a walk? 

All of this makes me thankful for the anniversary trip Isaac & I are taking this weekend.  Rather than some elaborate trip - we're going to be staying at a friend's beach house in Depoe Bay (Thank you Caldarazzo & DuFault families!).  It'll be so nice to be together, at a place of quiet & rest.  And Isaac's sweet Grandma Chiko blessed us with a gift to take ourselves out to anniversary dinner.  Such a gift - I love that 4'11" lady (we bonded over Korean Soap Operas!).  I'm looking forward to walking on the beach, lounging with my honey, and appreciating the time we've been married.  It's crazy to think that this year has cruised by.  How lucky am I to be married to such a wonderful man - who loves Christ, knows how to paint & cook, can build me a beautiful pergola & re-do our yard, plays the guitar/ukulele/various other instruments, and knows every way to make me laugh.  This year has been a blessing - even in those hard times of figuring out how we work together.

I'm taking Marcie's challenge to find & appreciate those simple moments - to make more time to take it easy and really enjoy every moment with those close to me.

Like I said - I'll try & capture some of those simple moments with my honey this weekend.  We're both looking forward to the quiet, to those walks, maybe even a board game or two, & definitely for the chance to sleep in!


Here's to the simple life!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so happy you liked my post! I was really nervous that it wouldn't be well received because it is a bit deeper than what I usually post.

    Have a great (and simple) weekend!!
    I can't wait to hear all about it.

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete