Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Morning Music & Thoughts

For some reason this morning I found myself whistling the tune "Yellow Submarine" by the amazing Beatles.  And it inspired me to utilize my beloved iPhone for Pandora (it's blocked at my office for some reason?!).  Summer time is when I usually crank my car stereo up as loud as I can for all the good classic rock music.  And I especially love when The Beatles are playing.  There's something sweet about it -- about all those classic songs that sometimes make me feel like I'm in a different place & time.  Just kicking back with friends around a local lake or at the beach enjoying life.



And this morning when I met with my dear friend & mentor Debbie, we talked a lot about finding joy in the small things - about how the small things in our lives are creating big impacts.  And she shared that she's being challenged to read the "red letters" in scripture... i.e. when Jesus talks, in a new way.  To come with open heart & mind to hear what Christ is sharing specifically for her(us) without adding any guilt, because Christ speaks in complete love to his disciples & us.  There was something about that conversation that made me feel similarly to when I'm listening to all my favorite tunes -- transported to a place that is complete, full with love & friendship, over flowing with tenderness.  It made me yearn to live abundantly in all areas of my life...
So I'm joining Debbie in her red letter journey this summer....  Lord what do you have to share with me??

<3


2 comments:

  1. Life really is about the small things, isn't it? I love how a song can take you back to a place in time and I too love blasting my favorite songs during the summer while I am on the highway with the windows rolled down.

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete