Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New Look

I love reading all my favorite blogs when they share about great fashion.  It's kind of a quiet love of mine...fashion...for as long as I can remember I've been flipping thru magazines, watching all those "fashion" shows, etc. 
Now when it comes to my own fashion prowess for myself.... Hmm, well let's just say that I'm lacking in that department.  I guess it may be that I'm scared that I couldn't pull all the looks I love & appreciate off for myself.  That I couldn't/can't find the things that fit me, my body, my life, my "style" - so a lot of the time I mostly come off purchasing the same or similar items as I have for years.   And it also might be somewhat linked to the fact that my sisters were quite a bit older than me, so I never had that big sister around to teach me all the tricks; as well as a mom (whom I love & respect deeply) who never really put too much stock into that stuff other than to ensure that I was appropriate in every situation & respectful in the way I dressed.

I know this probably wouldn't be some people's dreams - but I have always wanted to go on "What Not To Wear."  Silly I know... but to 1) go to New York & 2) shop with great stylists would be a gift.  I always ask my mom to send me in, I swear to her that I wouldn't be mad. 

I really want someone to help me clean thru my existing things - toss what doesn't fit or work & help my replace it with beautiful clothes that fit who I am & the life I live.  

Oh well....it'll have to wait a bit.  Dang you economy....dang you!

<3

1 comment: