Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Race Success & In Need of a Break

The race was a success!  We drove down Friday night and got in to San Francisco around 8am  Saturday morning.  Just in time to pick up our packets, do a bit of shopping, grab some lunch & rest!  It was so fun being together with such great girl friends. 
Sunday morning brought with it excitement & a realization that it was MUCH cooler than last year's race!  But Monique, Rachel & I stuck together through out the race - and even finished about 35minutes faster than Monique & I had last year.  It was great.  It only started raining on us for the last mile & a half.  Otherwise, very enjoyable.  And thankfully my knees didn't hurt quite as much as last year either...now don't get me wrong, they ached that's for sure & for a while I was walking like an old woman.  But the celebratory margaritas at Mamacita was well worth it!  I think between our group of 11 we ordered about 6 pitchers.  So much fun.  Lots of laughs & encouragement.  Of course the highlight of the entire trip were our beautiful Tiffany & Co. finisher necklaces (what obviously sets this race apart from all others!).

Beyond that I have come back totally exhausted (which makes perfect sense).  I am literally counting down the hours until Saturday morning arrives and I have the opportunity to sleep in & bum around until WyldLife.  I am totally pooped.

So I will make it thru these next couple of days by the skin of my teeth and welcome the time to veg out with my husband.  Now if only I could convince my mom to let me take off my 3rd week of vacation the week of Thanksgiving....this might take some major sucking up!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment