Friday, October 15, 2010

And I'm Back In the Game!

That's right! I'm actually headed to San Francisco to run in the Nike Women's Marathon (I'm actually doing the half).  Yes, originally when I was debating a couple weeks back - it seemed like there was no way for this to be a reality for me any more.  Changing finances had impacted some decisions Isaac & I had to make, and cutting a few "extras" were key.   So hubby & I did the responsible thing, brought down the "extra" spending, ate in, and were very diligent about our spending habits & of course maintained our giving.  We understood that you can't do absolutely everything all the time & trusted that later God would reveal His bigger plan for us.

Well school started and it became clear what we needed to cover for our short fall for the year.  And we had already surpassed it by $500!  Here's the crazy part -- when estimating what it would cost for the entire NWM weekend, I had come up with a $500 figure & that's precisely what we had in excess of what was really needed.

Thank you God for blessing me, & us, in this way.  I was heart broken that I wouldn't be able to go and experience this weekend with my great girl friends.  But trusted there was something bigger and released it.  No bitterness or anger....just an understanding that we were being called to diligence, responsibility and patience.   And God answers...well and Isaac let me go too.

So now I will get to spend the weekend in San Francisco with great friends, make a mini road trip, run the race, and drive home.  I'm really looking forward to it! It's a wonderful challenge, but no pressure to be or perform a certain way.  I'm looking forward to good food, good fun, & laughs....well, that & the Tiffany & Co. necklace waiting for me at the finish line!!!!

Here's to a wonderful, completely blessed weekend! Thank you Lord!
<3

2 comments:

  1. Have a great run! It has been so hot here, so beware of that.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete