Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Thoughts...

Two of mine & Isaac's friends were recently divorced - which in itself was heartbreaking.  They were our "go to" couple friends, we matched with one another so well and got together often.  We so loved our friendship.Through the divorce though we have remained friends with both - and still treasure our friendships with them. They are two of the greatest people we have met and spent time with.  And in this year, my friend has come to know the Lord as her personal Savior, she has accepted His gift of forgiveness & transformation & has become a new creation through & through!  It's been so sweet to see how God has softened her once distant heart - and changed it in to a soft place, yearning for the love & guidance of Christ.  Her desire for the Lord is so evident - it is so clear - so concrete.... it challenges me to find that place within my own relationship with the Lord.  To put my earthly self aside and seek out His will, His wisdom, His power, His forgiveness, His love first above all.

There have been some definite hard times in the last couple months that she has faced and is facing now - but I know and am incredibly confident that her primary focus will be on leaning on the Lord & on His understanding.  There are so many scriptures that come to mind when I think of this friend & the situation... But I lean on this...
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:  'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.'  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39

Regardless of the situation - no matter how desperate the circumstances I am not alone - nothing can come between the love my Father has for me and I for Him.
So I will wait & trust in that.

Hope all have a great weekend -- it's time to rest for sure!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment