Friday, June 18, 2010

Fill In the Blank Friday

Well it's Friday & I haven't followed a Fill in the Blank in a while.. So here it goes!
 Many thanks to Lauren for always providing fun questions! :)


1. The best thing about being in school was/is: a constant source of activities & social events - there was something always going on! Especially towards the end of the year

2. The worst thing about being in school was/is: all the crazy nonsense drama that was based in such shallow-ness!

3. My favorite subject in school was/is: history without a doubt - I had great history teachers, particularly Mr. Jones & Mr. Litchfield.  I nearly became a history teacher because of them, especially Litch.  They brought history to life - connected all the dots, rather than teaching history as single isolated events. I loved my AP Lit class too with Mrs. Buchanan. 

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is: Wow, I'm not even sure - I wish I had more opportunities to take sign language 

5. I could never get tired of studying History -I'm a firm believer that if you don't learn about your past, you're doomed to repeat it.  Plus - all thru high school & college I had great teachers/professors.  They brought it to life

6. The most memorable teacher I had was: it's a three way tie...  Mr. Jones, Mr. Litchfield, & Mr. Sheldon - two were my history teachers that I loved.  Mr. Sheldon was my Senior Expos/British Lit & Public Speaking teacher - my one & only "regular" English class in high school.  But I loved him - he is a Disney lover, a Christian, and just a flat out fun guy - he never held back his opinion if you asked, wanted the best from everyone.  Plus - he had a great sense of humor!  My friend Kelsey & I stole his beloved Christmas tree & Minnie Mouse tree topper one year and held it ransom.

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose: probably work - but I'd love to find some way to integrate the two...maybe work for a school where I could take courses as I wanted.

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend filled with laughter & love!
<3

1 comment:

  1. thanks for playing along this week and answering my questions. happy weekend!

    i love the ransom story! what a great teacher to play along!

    ReplyDelete