Monday, June 21, 2010

Filled to the Brim

This past weekend was so full, and so much fun - I even had a couple chances to sneak in a nap here and there.  But it was so fun!

Isaac's dad Vernon got in LATE Friday night - so late in fact that I was already in bed. I had an early morning run to prep for.  So I awoke bright & early for my 6 mile run at a local park with my running group, and man I felt good!  Probably one of the best runs I've had in a while.  I was a bit tired, but the good kind of tired - where you know you've been working but could still keep going.  And it was great because my dear friend Kathryn was finally able to join us for her first Saturday training run (she's doing the Nike Women's Half Marathon w/ us in October).  It was the first time Kathryn had run like we do - we do a run/walk combo... run for 3min, walk for 1min.  So like myself, at the end she felt great - normally she says she just runs as hard and for as long as she can. 
Because we were feeling so good - she suggested we hit up a zumba class at our local Courthouse.  "Sure, why not?" I chime in... Now I had never experienced Zumba, even though I really have wanted to.  Let me just say that it is a VERY fun class, super high energy - and after a 6.5mile run, I was hot, sweaty, red faced (thank you Scandanavian genetics), and exhausted!  But all in all - so much fun!

Zumba was followed up by a quick shower & then a quick trip to the outlet mall for Kathryn.  One sweater purchase & mostly window shopping.  Mostly it was nice to be outside and in the sun with a great friend.  Life was so good - and followed up by a quick nap & dinner w/ hubby Isaac & Vernon.

Sunday.... ahh Sunday, lazy morning, trip to Costco, cleaned the house, took a great nap, & then helped my honey cook dinner for our fathers.  We were anxious to eat on our newly finished back deck (All thanks to my wonderfully handy husband!) but the weather was a bit too chilly for an evening dinner outside -- thanks Oregon weather! Sheesh!  Isaac is truly a renaissance man - he builds & he cooks.  Our dinner was outstanding! Steak, Salmon, Shrimp, macaroni salad, green salad, & ice cream w/ fresh strawberries.  He rocks!

It was so nice to be surrounded by life giving things & people I love all weekend long.  It really made me thankful for the family I have & the one Isaac & I are creating.  What a blessing they are.
Here's to another weekend...hopefully this week goes by quickly! ;)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment