Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Hunger Games, Sunburns, & the Ale Trail

We have returned from our long awaited, and long over due, vacation.  Sadly...to be honest.  I always hate leaving Eagle Crest. It's definitely one of my most favorite, sacred places.

The first moment I stepped out of our car last week Saturday and caught my first sniff of those lovely juniper trees I was in heaven! The first weekend we spent time with my folks & boy did I kick the weekend off like a rookie! Mom & I spent a few hours at the pool while the guys golfed -- and dope that I am entirely forgot to have sunscreen be put on my back! Well...except for the parts I could reach with my own hands, rubbing in my spray sunscreen! A mere 3-4hours later in the Central OR sun and I was pretty toasty! So toasty in fact that mom & I had to spend the next day in sweet Sisters, OR just to avoid the pool.  How lame, the thing I love to do the most at Eagle Crest & I botched it for myself for like 2 days!

A nice weekend with my parents led straight in to a few days just Isaac & I -- which let me tell you....this time was much needed!  We haven't had quiet, alone time with no work or football distractions in some time.  Sure he took care of a few items but for the most part it was just us relaxing, watching the Olympics, and hanging out! Let's just say it was awesome :)

Highlight of my week was finishing about 5 books - and primarily the entire Hunger Games Trilogy.  I'm not one who jumps on band wagons much.  In fact, I tend to steer clear of all the "popular" things for a while. So with all the craziness dying down I tracked down a set & happily read thru them in 4 days.  It was great! Not as intense as I was expecting, but the 3rd book definitely was the best of all 3.  There were a few moments of "oh my goodness!" But it definitely makes me want to see the movie now & anticipate the upcoming movies!

And finally ended our week with wonderful friends joining us for the last few days.  Time filled with my best girl friend at the pool while the boys went on adventures (let me tell you friends...this is the BEST set up for traveling with friends!).  We'd laze around in the morning, make our way to the pool about 11am and stay there til mid afternoon.  Ahhh...it was awesome!  Highlight of this time was doing the Bend Ale Trail.  The Bend, OR visitors center has a designated a route to take to visit some of the best known & newer breweries in the area.  You go & taste, purchase some drinks & food and get a stamp!  Once you've visited all the breweries you take your little pamphlet back to the visitors center for a prize! It's definitely a fun way to spend some time with good friends.  It can be as cheap or as expensive as you want -- we spent some extra purchasing some beer pints at each spot & some yummy food.  Definitely something to check in to!
 

Though I promised photos....I can not deliver. I get too focused on who I'm with and what we're doing to stop & document (silly me...).  I think that's going to be one of my goals this fall while Isaac is off being a big time head coach & all.  I'll start documenting what happens so we can look back & enjoy.

SUUUUUUUPER side note....Honey Isaac & I bought a new small vacuum cleaner (our hardwood one bit the dust after 3 years...) & it's a lovely Elextrolux.  And sweetie Isaac said I could be just like Kelly Ripa now... Yah, not so sure about that. ;)
Happy to be home as always, but football is now in FULL swing with lineman camp this week, team camp next week, doubles the following week, & then practice before the first game.  Jealous yet??  I'm trying to squeeze out my last few projects from Isaac and then it'll be all hands on deck for me with the house/cleaning/cooking/etc.  Such is life!
<3 font="font">

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun! You should have taken photos, then when the season starts getting tough,, you could pull out the pics, and relive the wonder of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a relaxing, fun time. Good for you! We all need it once in a while. So, you read The Hunger Games and enjoyed it...will now read 50 Shades of Grey, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did enjoy The Hunger Games...but I'm a little afraid of 50 Shades of Grey! eek!

      Delete