Tuesday, August 14, 2012

morning workouts are a mother

Let's not  play games...getting to and completing morning workouts are a beast.  Pre-vacation I was on a pretty good routine.  Post-vacation....sucks-ville.  Can't seem to get my rear end out of bed when I intend to & get myself to the gym! Or heck, even my living room for a little Jillian Michaels session! 

My sweet friend Monique is such an encourager -- I sent her a text this morning (our morning ritual) bemoaning my lack of discipline to get to the gym, and her simple reply was to go at night & do what I can!  Yah...do what I can, when I can!  Sounds so good, so easy.  And yet, in the evenings it's so challenging (note I did not say impossible....).  The two of us are on a journey this fall -- we've got a larger goal, and are determined to celebrate small milestones too.  But I've got to do the work!

I suppose the best & only thing to do is to just keep doing what I can, when I can....and be disciplined to actually take advantage of the time that I have.  Frankly, with football here (our non-stop weekends kick off this weekend) now I've got plenty of time on my hands! Time to pull out the mini-Marine my parents instilled in me and get to work!

How do you muster up the energy/determination/discipline to get up for morning workouts?
<3 font="font" nbsp="nbsp">

No comments:

Post a Comment