Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Football Widow No More

Before you get all worked up...don't worry...Isaac is still coaching football. ;)

I have a few friends who are coach's wives, follow a few ladies on Blogger/Twitter who know the perils of the season, and am pretty familiar with the struggles that the fall can bring.  And of course I've seen images like this floating around Pinterest

There is definitely a common theme amongst football wives/girlfriends -- a common identifier of being a "football widow" once fall camp kicks off.  Sometimes, truthfully, that indentifier has been used a guilt trip tool on my behalf.  I've used it to bemoan my situation.  I've used it to justify bratty behavior, or simply to not do the dishes.  How silly & selfish of me.  Here my husband is being used by the Lord in a way that he is able to be excellent, in a way that allows him unprecedented access to kids & their hearts, and in a way that offers opportunities for him to coach up, encourage, and in specific ways share his faith.  How awesome is that?  And yet, there I am...at home...one of his few places of peace/safety...acting selfishly because I am a football widow.  Hello kick to the gut!

Rather this fall I want to encourage Isaac, cover him, the coaches, & players in prayer, & free Isaac from the burden of having to dance to all my little demands(though sometimes they're not little, in all honesty).  I am casting off that identifier -- and instead replacing it with something like "football encourager," or even just....football wife! Remove the negative & replace with positive!  If you're of the praying sort, would you be interested in joining me pray for the McNary football team & coaches? Just shoot me a message/comment & once I have the list I'll share it with you.

And just for good measure...I did find a few photos from the trusty ol' iPhone from vacation! 
At the awesome Cascade Lakes Brewing Co. during our Ale Trail!

Where I spent most of my days...Eagle Crest Resort Pool...aka heaven!

And just for fun & reminiscing purposes...
Hard to believe it's already been 3 years!
Many more to come....now if only I could get back in to pre-wedding shape! FALL GOAL! ;)
<3 font="font">

No comments:

Post a Comment