Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Proud Wifey, Good Friends, & Blue Day

I first must apologize for my MIA status....life, as expected, has gone complete nutty with the start of football.  But like me, I'm sure you all have craziness of your own.

As mentioned, football is in full swing (even though I've said this before, now it's real & true).  Two weekends ago we had our coaches BBQ, which was the first sign.  Then we moved straight in to doubles week...aka, don't see your husband week.  Thankfully enough I have some pretty wonderful friends who invite me to share in their evening routines.  Thursday night of last week was spent with some dear friends having dinner, watching flag football, and observing a very rowdy baby boy getting a hair cut...let's just say there was hair everywhere.  And again super blessed by good friends on Friday night when a sweet friend tagged along with me to make some Head Coach's Wife errands & deliveries.  Followed up by a good dinner & conversation.  A reminder, yet again, that friends are the family that you get to pick!

Which brings me to McNary High School's first ever "Blue Day" extravaganza held on Saturday.  Honey Isaac & a Rotarian in town have been working on hammering out details for this even for months.  Our local Rotary club sponsored the event & offered to host/cook for McNary's Football team & parents, the Pop Warner teams in our area, McNary's marching band, as well as our cheerleaders.  The booster club made it's presence known by having NEW McNary merchandise to outfit fans.  It was an absolutely wonderful day.  I showed up about 9:30 and there were already about 50 people putting things together, getting grills warmed up, setting up shirts and yard signs to sell.  So I spent my time in the Booster Club tent selling sweatshirts & t-shirts & more.  It was so fun!  Honey Isaac asked if I caught any of the scrimmage...to which I sheepishly answered no, I was too busy selling the new duds!  Our friends from the Rotary club shared that they fed nearly 1,000 people! Amazing! Blue Day was an incredible success - but the best part of all was seeing how our community banded together in support & how that day really has built some excitement for what's to come!  For this coach's wife I was more than honored to be able to field so many compliments from our new friends about what a wonderful job Isaac is doing (duh!), and how happy they are to have someone at the helm who is genuinely excited about growing a strong, successful, and well rounded program & community!  *insert puffed up chest here* Talk about extreme pride & joy spilling out from my heart.  Plus it was just plain cool to really get my first glimpse of Isaac in his role as the Head Coach of the program!

Here are two photos from the day taken by the gentleman who helped organize the whole event...
Honey Isaac & our mayor Lore Christopher...she was our MC for the day
Myself & the booster club presidents youngest daughter...selling our little hearts out!
 
 It was, again, such a fun day...and made me so thankful & happy to be starting this new journey with so many wonderful, new friends.  Blessings, blessings, blessings!
<3 font="font">

 

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there. Vacation plans always come at the expense of other things. I'll be there for plenty of games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for football season!!

    ReplyDelete