Wednesday, September 5, 2012

These Days...

Well my friends we have survived the first week of real football practice, survived our first game (a whopping 4 1/2hrs south from us, and ended in a bitter loss...sad day), and survived our first weekend of meetings.  Needless to say, it feels good to actually be back in to what is the Parker's "normal" routine.  I always feel a little jolt as we move in to this season....a small shock to the system as it all comes together.  But once in the swing of it, it feels right.  Sure there are nights when I'd like my honey home early to eat at a "normal" time & it'd be awesome to snuggle on the couch the entire Sunday afternoon....but truth be told, Isaac is doing what he loves & what he is meant to do.  How can I be mad about that??

And these days....have already brought a few instances where my husband's incredible patience has needed to shine through.  For which I am amazed - can't say I would be as gracious, as cool under pressure, or as clear minded. Can we say rockstar or what?! 

But most importantly these days - I've been reminded (even though that ugly little voice is trying with all its might to distract me with lies) that I am loved and supported by some pretty wonderful family & friends.  Ever have one of those days when just everything seems to be falling apart at the seams?  Yup, that was my Tuesday....or what I'm calling Monday on steroids.  Rather than crumbling to that ugly voice (which would and sometimes still is my norm) - I thrust out my hand to my sweet friends; who without hesitation offered prayer, encouragement, and love.  Let's just get this clear - for a girl who never thought of herself as a "girls girl" - I am BEYOND grateful for this group of women who I am growing to know, trust, & love.  What a blessing to know I can turn to these women even with the smallest, or ugliest things and know that I'm not alone.  Weight lifted! Which in turn obviously makes me want to return the favor - to them, to the other football wives/girlfriends, to my other dear friends, to family...catch the drift? Ya know, pay it forward??

Just for good measure - here's a photo from Honey Isaac's first football game... I was a smidge late, and missed the kick off (insert wife guilt here....) but by & by could not be more proud of him.   
That's him in the center w/ the black hat & blue shirt.  Thankfully we're on to the next game & everyone is ready to take on the new challenge.  Will try to keep my cool at the game this week...don't want to be the cooky wife! 
<3 font="font">

1 comment:

  1. Hope to make the game as well. It can only get better from here. The loss was for a reason, everything always is, we just need to be patient and wait and see what the reason is. Go big Blue!

    ReplyDelete