Monday, August 16, 2010

Who am I supposed to be???

I feel lame that a lot of my recent posts have had a sort of melancholy tone to then lately.  I'm catching myself feeling down lately a lot more -- comparing who I am to who I think I "should" be; comparing myself to this notion that I'm supposed to be like other people - creative, "cool," chic, crafty, etc. I feel like I'm comparing myself to everyone around me.

It's a suffocating feeling to say the least - one that is just now bringing tears to my eyes.  I'm almost 25 and feel like I don't have a handle on just anything...  Why does it feel like I'm always behind the curve - grasping at straws to be a part of whatever is going on around me.

That's about it....  just feeling down in the dumps.... Not sure where to go or what to do except fight back the tears & the lump in my throat right now
<3

1 comment:

  1. You are 25 and this happens to everyone. I remember going through this exact same thing 5 years ago, and I am still figuring it out. I just think this is life, but that doesn't make it easy. Mid 20s are a hard time.

    Hang in there!
    M

    ReplyDelete