Monday, August 23, 2010

A Break

I took a break...a break from blogging, a modest break from Facebook, a modest break from my email... and I have to say; I need to take more breaks!

It's almost frightening how "attached" I am to my iPhone, email, & Facebook.  My dear friend Heather had surgery on Thursday, so I helped care for her over the weekend.  I was almost envious of how she couldn't do anything (though I know she would tell me not to be!) but rest & relax and take her time.  I wasn't listening too much - so I started my Saturday off with a 5:30am 8-mile run with my girlfriends (training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon!), followed by coffee with my friend Kathryn & Zumba following that.   I was exhausted after all that - and proceeded to take a 2 hour nap at home.

Sunday even felt like a lot - and I didn't do much.  I think I'm in need of some serious R&R....  Not sure it'll show up until about December when we make our annual trip to see family in Hawaii.  So for the time being, I'll try & soak up those moments as often as I can.

<3

p.s.  football started...I'm trying to kick the whole "football widow" notion to the curb, and be thankful & proud of my wonderful husband, who is playing a vital role in some kids' lives.  proud of him & his commitment! 

3 comments:

  1. I agree, a technological break is so needed in this day and age.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shocked me how much I actually didn't miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Anna Anna!! I think we sub consciously did the same thing. Its been just about 3 weeks since I deactivated my Facebook account, over two months since I've drank and woooww , the break has been A-mazing!!! I haven't missed either and I don't think ill take either of them up on a regular basis again... at least for a long time! I actually get text messages and calls from friends and friends unexpected wondering how I'm doing or what I've been up to since they don't have a status update to rely on. its quite enjoyable.

    Ahh and yes, football started... I feel the pain ah do I feel the pain... not only that but with Aarons new position, he's going through all the new teacher orientation and training so its double whammy for me. We are two tough and you said it, proud women so let's be sure not to forget that in our frustrations of loneliness!!

    love the post. thanks again for your enthusiastic inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete