Monday, August 2, 2010

Friendships, Fun, & Dancing

That is what the majority of my weekend consisted of.

Spent Friday night with some great friends (an old YL kid of mine -- who's now becoming a great friend) & she & her boyfriend taught us Parkers how to play pinochle!  Let me tell you! That is one confusing game when you first start, but it sure is fun! I wish I had my camera with me to show you the scores...at one point Morgan and I went from 900 some points down to minus 20! Sheesh! We had so much fun we didn't leave until 1am!

Saturday was so fun & filled with friends & laughter.  The day really began at a BBQ thrown by the weighs teacher from the school my husband teaches at.  A bunch of other teachers & coaches gathered for some great food, good drinks, and lots of laughter.  It was really fun - probably the most fun staff BBQ I've been to with Isaac. Then it was quickly off to meet up with another coach & his wife, along with another couple who's kids are on Isaac's football team at the local Bite & Brew festival downtown.  It was so much fun too!  A Neil Diamond cover band (named Super Diamond...check them out! So fun!) was playing & everyone was dancing & having a great time.  The night was going so well - that our whole group headed off to the local country & western bar for some dancing.  Hilarity ensued while I sat with the two other ladies cracking up at the antics of the other girls at this bar...who were obviously overly intoxicated...  But everyone danced & had a great time.

I hadn't had that type of weekend in such a long time...  It was so nice to be with friends, relaxing, enjoying life.  I love the summer...everything is so much more fun!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Being with friends is so important. I totally agree that you can't ask for much more.

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete