Thursday, August 12, 2010

Excitement!

A dear friend of mine owns a bridal shop here in town - and the last two years I've been able to help her at the local bridal shows.  It is so fun & I love working with her! 

In planning my own wedding I found a real love & appreciation for all things wedding.  I love how couples incorporate little pieces of who they are in & thru their wedding; from invitations to song choice to even food & favors; and everything in between!  It is such a fun process, and yes there are stressful moments that every girl experiences - but with a reminder every once in a while of the big picture it can be a great time.

So here in lies my excitement -- as I said I love working with my dear friend Angie.  She's asked me to start working at the store come this November.  I'm still working for my mom full time - so I'll really only be at the shop on Saturdays.  But Angie has plans for some possible growth where I could play a part as well.  I am just so excited!  Isaac thinks that wedding planning is my calling...but we'll see.  Maybe this is a step in that direction.
I just struggle with not working with my mom - yes there's a piece of fear of the unknown if I didn't.  But also the fact that this is an incredibly challenging time in the R/E market, and I could in no way see leaving my mom on her own...  It just would not be right.  My mom has done so much for me and I feel like at this season in my life I owe it to her to do my best and serve her in this way. So I'm proud of myself for being upfront about this with Angie. 

But I'm still soooo excited! Even working the front desk at the store is exciting to me! Yahoo!! (Plus...the small extra side money won't hurt either!)




Can't wait!!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. It sounds like it will be so much fun.

    Have a great weekend!
    M

    ReplyDelete