Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shopping + Girlfriends

I've been here before...and I'll likely be here again...  But I've got some pretty great girl friends.  This past Saturday, I found myself sulking a bit and bumming it on the couch.  Honey Isaac & our Celtics have a tough game the night before. 
But rather than be left to my own devices(I had absolutely no intention of doing anything til date night began.) - two of my sweet friends texted to see about going shopping for a girls day!

Well thankfully this month, Honey Isaac and I set up our budget and had allotted some funds for me for some new clothing (hallelujah!).  And who passes up on an opportunity for girl time & shopping.  Even though I'm not super great at shopping for myself, I happily agreed!  We made our way to the nearest outlet mall to do some damage...except by damage, I really mean make our way thru the stores while trying not to be too stingy.  However, it was awesome to not be the only one who wanted/needed to stop in the store and do some quick math.  Talk about good, like minded friends!

First stop was Banana Republic outlet...found myself a cute pair of eggplant pants (apparently dark colored jeans are still "in" for the fall) and a navy light cardigan.  Nearly ate about half my budget -- which had my stingy meter on full alert.  So we all promptly made our way to LOFT for some better deals.  To which I ended up getting two cardigans, two v-neck sweaters, and a blouse.  Morale of the story ladies & gents...go shopping with good  friends, they see things MUCH differently than you, can be great encouragers, help you stay on budget track, and it's simply more fun!
My own personal lessons for the day.....I need to expand my wardrobe a bit more. I confided to my friends that I have a problem with only purchase v-neck t-shirts, and I have a serious problem purchase cardigans! They're seriously an addiction of mine. Lots of colors in short, 3/4, and full sleeve. The other lesson: find pattern that's versatile & be sure to get multiple kinds of pieces to make full outfits.  This most recent trip I ended up with only one pair of pants and the rest tops...which is totally fine, but I need to remember to incorporate shoes, accessories, etc.
Makes me wish one of my favorite fashion bloggers lived closer...I'd call on her in a second!

All in all an agreement was made to make a monthly shopping trip together & help one another purge our closets quarterly!  Huzzah for great friends!
<3 font="font">

No comments:

Post a Comment