Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Afternoon Thoughts

Finally made it through my massive mountain of paperwork...finally making some progress on a couple of short sale files...and finally in the groove of football wife-dom.  Taking tonight off to do some random clean up, cook dinner (eating solo isn't terrible...at least I can watch whatever trashy TV I'd like!), and laundry (a never ending cycle when sports are involved...can I get an amen?!).  


In other news -- Honey Isaac & the Celtics pulled out a WIN on Friday! Hooray! Let's just say that I was one proud wifey! Besides the fact that it was sweltering hot, that game was so fun! My MIL flew in for the first home game & brought her dear friend from Portland.  Definitely nice to spend some quality time together & jointly being overwhelmed with pride over Isaac.  She even brought Isaac a maile lei & a lei for me too! So sweet.  The stands were packed & the band played loud -- all cheering the boys on.  I tried my very best not to be the crazy cuckoo wife...but with MIL in town, at least I had company being the crazy cheering fan! :)  My only regret of the night: not taking a picture with Honey Isaac after the game...gah, sucky wife here!  Must remember this at next game!  Must remember to document our life! ha!

But highlight was the story Isaac shared with me after the game - he had told the guys his mom had flown in from Hawaii for the game, and in response the kids told him they were going to win for his mom!  Stories keep coming up sharing how kind & polite all these kids are.   It's such a joy to be able to hear & see the ripple effects of Isaac's hard work & goals for this program! 
How's your week going? We're gearing up for week 3 of games, Isaac's in full swing at school and I'm already counting down to our Mexico trip!  Note to self...MUST get new passport photo pronto! Eek!  Will try and come up & some better material for future posts...I'm sure all are tired of the endless football wife posts! ;)
<3 br="br">

2 comments:

  1. Never fear! Tutu is here. I have pics of you, honey,Sheila, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MG! You are a gem! I was hoping I could count on you! :)

    ReplyDelete