Thursday, July 5, 2012

my oh my

Where has the time gone?! Honestly - how is it already July 5th?! Crikey! So many things seem to be whizzing by.  

Which means that in no time I'll be sitting at football games. In no time I'll be cooking/cleaning/organizing on my own.  In no time I'll be doing the majority of grocery shopping.  In no time I'll be eating Thanksgiving dinner.  And in no time, it'll be my birthday & Christmas all over again!  Now that is just nutty.

But the other thing that's stopping me in my tracks is the need to slow it down & really appreciate the small moments. To relish in the sweet conversations with good friends.  To reach out to people as they come to my mind. And most of all to not settle for living in a mediocre state -- and this is definitely hitting hard in all areas of my life.
I recently tried to do a daily chore list & started off GREAT. But got off track....so as my dear friend Monique says, "Try again tomorrow & be mindful to do it better!"  So that's exactly what I intend to do.

How are you handling how quickly this year is going?

<3

1 comment:

  1. I've actually enjoyed how quickly the year has been going by. But I am in slightly different circumstances than you. :)

    I am trying to be very mindful of living in the moment and enjoying each and every day. Since I am in a position of waiting, it can be a definite challenge. But I don't want to wish my life away.

    And I really like your friends's quote. It is a positive and encouraging way to be motivated rather than feel guilty. I like it!

    ReplyDelete