Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Small Goals

I'm reminded again to set small goals -- rather than focusing on the huge, imposing end result I would like.  Often I just lose myself in the mess of things "to do" trying to get to the end.  So...with the encouragement of my buddy Mo I'm staying tightly focused on one goal.  5lbs between now & when I leave for vacation....that's a grand total of 17 days from now.  Now sure if it's do-able, but dang it I'm going to try!

Goals & gym routines aside, life is good.  Sure there are challenges still with figuring out this whole new football life. Sure Isaac & I still have our mis-communications.  And sure, work is still beyond challenging at times.  But all in all, things are good.  Things are better than what they could be.  And it's about time I start praising, even the smallest things, my life & the goodness of the Lord in my life.  Good ol' Joyce Meyer has been speaking some truth the last few days and it's incredibly challenging to me & the way I've been "doing" my life the last few years.  Why waste the opportunity to be blessed or be a blessing to spend time griping or being a pain?  It won't and never is easy to re-train your brain or behaviors....and I have a pretty good feeling this will be incredibly difficult, but necessary.

We talked last evening in our girls group about the wide path vs the narrow path.  And what does that actually, functionally look like in each of our lives?  Is the narrow path the same for everyone or does it vary? How can we walk the narrow path in our thoughts, in our speech, with our family, in our places of work, etc.  Thoughts to ponder....

Have a great day friends
<3

2 comments:

  1. Baby steps before you run that marathon girlfriend. You don't give yourself enough credit. You are on the right path, just don't lose the crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that baby steps are the way to go. This way, you will see more progress and not be discouraged.

    ReplyDelete