Wednesday, June 6, 2012

do not be afraid

There's been a stirring in my over the last 6-9months.  A stirring I've been thoroughly confused by.  A stirring that has taken me from one emotion to the next - mostly because I was & still am quite uncertain of what the stirring means.   

As a self-proclaimed control "freak" these kinds of stirrings - you know, the ones with no clear direction or meaning - tend to throw me off my game.  Truth be told I've mostly been stuffing or ignoring this stirring.  Probably because it seemed easier to do that than sit & dig in to what might be behind that stirring (sorry for the extreme use of the word stirring... can't think of a better term).  

Last evening I was blessed to be in fellowship with some of the kindest, warmest women I have met.  Women who inspire me to be authentic, women who's beauty is far deeper than just what is seen, women who, even if its just in that moment, are not afraid to live from their most confident place.  In our study time last evening I had a bit a revelation...that often times I make my own plans and develop entire scenarios/experiences in my own head & completely miss what the Lord is doing or is trying to teach me.  Looking back I think of all the things that I have missed -- how sad.

And I'm noticing in the past few days that God is clearly saying to me (the only clear thing I have right now)  is to not be afraid. In my weekly memory verse, in my morning study, in the quiet wisdom from trusted friends.

Who knows what that stirring is or what it means.  But what I do know is that I will not be afraid.  I will trust & I will praise -- because there is nothing that the Lord is doing that will bring harm.
<3
"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.  In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can mere man do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4

1 comment:

  1. sounds stressful! but fearing not is always good advice :) thanks so much for the congratulations, btw :)

    ReplyDelete