Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Random Thoughts & Photos

Well it's been another "new normal" kind of week at Casa de Parker.  Filled days & evenings, small moments with husband, hard but good conversations with husband/friends/family, & reminders that my Lord is good...

Our best friends were in town visiting from Hawaii - This is Heather...sporting Isaac's new helmets for McNary.  She's uber tough...can't you tell?? ;) We heart them & am thankful for our friendship - she & I have been thru thick & thin, best friends since 5th grade!
 MacKenzie girl here is my 14yr old niece -- just was "promoted" from 8th grade last night, and is officially now in high school! Yikes...I remember when she was just a wee babe. Such a funny, wise girl.  And thankfully she loves the "retro" cheer sweater I picked up for her to support my alma mater & her new school.
 Ike & I made the trip out to South Salem on Friday night to see and support the senior class at his former school.  It was such a treat to walk the grad line with him and hear so many kids thank him, to hear them tell me he was/is their favorite, etc.  And there was one kid in particular we wanted to see; who I know has told Isaac that he hopes to be the same kind of man Isaac is & how Isaac was the father he never had, that in many situations he just wanted to call Isaac "Dad."  Let's just talk about super proud wifey over here - a reminder that all the long hours & extra work are important, they are meaningful, & a bigger game is at play.  Following graduation we made our way to our favorite teriyaki spot in town (the sweet owners know & love us). Lets just say, since our life now fully revolves around Keizer we'd both been craving this meal! A special date night with my Asian honey. ;)
 Sunday afternoon was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in good ol' Oregon.  So while Isaac kindly let me spend alone time at the gym (running did not go as well as I hoped, but yoga was great), he & Boston boy did some major yard work. These two are besties, and I know when the day comes we'll both be heartbroken when Boston is gone.  He's a big lug...not your typical small, slender lab...he's a beast! But beyond loveable & kind spirited.  And now my yard looks trimmed & beautiful :)


Random thoughts for this Wednesday:
1. I love friends who are encouraging, especially in the area of healthy living. I so appreciate encouragement, kind reminders, & grace! 
2. It's time to get my hair cut again - but I'm afraid my hair dresser cousin is still going to be disappointed in my "damaged" hair...it's much better than it was previously, but now I'm all anxious about it.  Silly I know.
3. Hoping the Ft. Collins, CO fires won't disrupt our travel plans to see family this weekend...must call hotel.
4. Exactly 45 days til our Eagle Crest vacation! HUZZAH! Top 5 favorite places on earth.
5. Can someone please teach me how to be a wash & go kind of girl...I want healthy happy hair, but mine always seems to be a frizzy mess if I leave it to its own devices.  Ready go!


Welp, that's all I've got for today friends....
<3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment