Tuesday, May 8, 2012

random

This past weekend was full of good friends, good conversation, and rest.
Talk about wonderful weekend!

Random thought -- I finally drug my butt back to the gym last night.  Let's just say I've been on a long hiatus from the gym.  And I've found that I go in swings, crazy intense amount of time spent at the gym to virtually none.  So I'm trying to find a good balance of my time and going to the gym.  Finding things that I enjoy and challenge me -- but don't cause me to loathe going. Last night's event: yoga.  Man, I haven't done yoga in FOREVER & I definitely wish I hadn't taken such a long break.  My legs were SHAKING nearly the entire class...and is it ever hard to hold 3 legged dog when your leg is shaking like a leaf!  All in all, I'm glad I went. I felt great after wards, felt calm & collected.  Woke up this morning feeling rested.

Tonight's agenda: walking with my running buddies.  I'm slowly finding things that are life giving rather than life taking/exhausting.  The goal is to be happy, healthy, & confident.  Definitely not looking to be a body builder or compete. I want to simply be happy in my own skin & most importantly be thankful that I have a working body to be able to do things!

 But the biggest highlight of our weekend......
Meet our new little nephew Kapono!! Such a sweet heart already.  Isaac's younger brother & his wife made their way in to the hospital early on Friday, and baby Kapono made his appearance late Friday night.  Isaac has lovingly nicknamed the kiddo "Jar Jar" in honor of Star Wars Appreciation Day (think "May the 4th/force be with you!").  Not sure my sister-in-law is totally on board with that, nor am I....but the brothers seem to think it's hilarious.  We've already got a trip in the works in mid-June to meet the little guy.  But we can already tell he's gonna be a heart breaker. 
This month is gonna be nutty -- so hopefully I can stay on top of my blogging, I've been slacking as of late...but it's worth it, so I'll do my best! :)
<3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment