Thursday, May 10, 2012

Circumstances

This may sound silly to many of you -- but I've recently added an item to my morning routine.  Never mind I'm still trying to train my body to wake each morning at 6am (or earlier)...unfortunately haven't had much success with that one yet.... Anyway, I digress...
Back to the somewhat silly part -- I started going thru a daily Joyce Meyer devotional on my Bible app.  It's been really encouraging.  So I was extremely pleased to read that she had launched her own iPhone app.
It was quickly downloaded on my phone & on my drive to work each morning for the past 2-3weeks I've been listening to her radio broadcasts.  I use the term "radio" loosely as they're more like 15min snippets of her events broken up in to 5 sections for the week.  A much better way to spend the drive in to the office.

This morning's section one part in particular jumped out at me....that we often times surrender to our circumstances & allow Satan to steal our joy, primarily because of pride or standing in a place of unforgiveness/un-resolved anger/an un-loving spirit. Let's talk about 2x4 to the face! Such a truthful statement -- spoken directly to my heart from the Lord.
My resolution: to surrender because Satan can't steal what isn't his to begin with.  Joyce's statement ultimately was that circumstances shouldn't steal our joy.  And thus - I have my first addition to my "dream" board at work.

I'm trying to think of other things to add, but it's hard to find things to add to a dream board...any one have any more suggestions??? 
Sidenote...absolutely adoring the beautiful weather here right now. And double bonus to life is that the 10-day forecast just boasts more & more sun! Summer is upon us here in the PNW thank goodness! 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment