Monday, May 21, 2012

Patience

I love getting the opportunity to spend time at one of my most favorite spots in the world.  Washington Family Ranch (previously Wildhorse Canyon) has been, and hopefully always will be, one of the few places I have ever felt completely & totally comfortable.  It's a place of peace & clarity.  And I am guaranteed each time I go to see someone who I love, respect, and admire. 
This past weekend was the 4th annual Women's Weekend - and my first time going.  What a joyful, fulfilling time spent with family, new & old friends, and many YL friends also.  BUt mostly what I especially love about being there is that I almost always have a moment (or two) of extreme clarity/direction to take back home with me.

Some may not know, but when I was graduating college I nearly went on full time Young Life staff.  For a variety of reasons I decided against it -- but this weekend, in particular, was a time when I really caught myself wondering had I made the right choice.  Young Life was something I thought I'd always be good at it, I could have done a really good job, and I simply have a deep love for the program and its mission.  So during our all camp quiet (30 whole minutes of solitude) I prayed.  I prayed & asked the Lord to give me a vision of what I'm supposed to be doing, where I'm supposed to be going.  And then I sat....and waited...  The moment I sat back up in preparation to head back to the club room, it was like a wave of came over me and the only clear spot was the word "patience."  Now I'm not entirely sure what that means right now.  Or what that even looks like.  But it was so clear, that even the next morning I found myself trying to keep hashing it out, to make sense of it.

Any one who knows me, knows I'm not exactly what you would call a patient person.  Heck, I un-wrap & re-wrap my birthday presents....  But I'm willing to submit to this and wait to see what is on the horizon.
<3

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Hope you will visit mine and let me know if you want to follow each other : )

    http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete