Monday, March 5, 2012

Craziness Has Begun!

Life as I once knew it has gone.  We're nearing two weeks of Isaac being the head coach at McNary & I can already see (as I mentioned previously) how life is going to be drastically different.  Being the wife of a head coach carries with it different expectations, different responsibilities, and carrying oneself with a different air than being the wife of a coordinator or even position coach.  Man....reading that back, I sound like such a snob...definitely not my intention!! Perhaps that's going to be an area of heightened awareness for me....

Thankfully I've been reading thru Joyce Meyer's "Confident Woman" devotional on my trust iPhone each day.  Let me tell you -- a number of days I have sat back and thanked the Lord for speaking to me right then & there about my heart, my intentions, my "plans" for my life & Isaac's life, & for the way I care for those around me.  And in His perfect way, God has already brought me two distinct instances where I had to stop and lean on His guidance first.  But probably the thing I'm hoping to be a part of in this process is helping to create a real community between the other coach's wives/girlfriends.  I'm hopeful that God will provide for the right way to bring this to be for our community.  But right now I'm excited to see who God brings to the surface for other coaches & how they will interact with Isaac as he continues down the road as head coach.  Will you continue to pray with/for us? Pray for humility, pray for a meek spirit, pray for enthusiasm from kids/parents/teachers/administration/community, pray that relationships come first & confidence that from these relationships success will also come, and please pray that above all the Lord be glorified in this adventure!

Oh...and also, could you pray that my heart would be protected from being sucked in to sinful "what about me" thoughts.  That I would have a servants heart to help walk alongside Isaac, to help in any way I can, and to also be a voice of clarity & truth to him.

And if you haven't read much of Joyce Meyer -- take a chance, she's pretty good. :)
<3

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys!! It must be crazy to have things switch so quickly like that. And I think it would be very hard to not have "what about me" feelings. But I hope and pray that they will be reserved for only really important instances. That sounded weird but you know what I mean.

    And now I will think about you guys whenever I watch Friday Night Lights (which is often because I LOVE that show). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac is going to be the *bomb* I'm so excited to see all that he has in mind. Bringing the community together, and leading young men into more than the game of football! Of course you will find your place with the other coaches wives/girlfriends. How could you not? It will all fall together, be patient. It's going to be a wild ride, but one you will love for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag you're it..

    http://tutusshots.blogspot.com/2012/03/eleven-and-me.html

    ReplyDelete