Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Haven....(picture heavy)

I think my last post I shared about our cabin in WA & how much it means to me.  This past weekend we did some work, but mostly rested.  Mom & I left town in the early afternoon and drove the 4hrs to Ocean Shores...with a few stops for furniture/groceries in the mix.  A few hours later my dad & hubby showed up (they both were working at their respective basketball games).  
But as I promised...here is a mini photo tour of our cabin...I left out a couple items, like the bathrooms & laundry closet.  But you should get the jist of the place.  It's not much -- but it really is a haven, a safe place to let down your hair...or just wear your sweats. Here we go...

The "back" of the cabin
The cabin sits on a canal -- so the locals refer to the side facing
the canal as the "front"
 Our "one butt" kitchen -- simple & to the point.
Ideally in a few years we're going to re-model this bad boy to make
it more functional :)
Dad & Hubby doing work in the downstairs bedroom
It's not a lovely shade of yellow 
 Dining Area + bamboo shelf w/ family photos & trinkets
Living Room -- mom & I will be painting side tables white
And we're on the hunt for the perfect coffee table...
Our room upstairs -- new bed & everything! Pretty peaceful
Upstairs sitting area...mom calls this the "den"
  View from upstairs sitting area out to the canal
Sun porch

I've said it before & I'll say it again -- this is probably one of my most favorite places in the world.  The town is unpretentious, the people are kind, and it's quiet.  I love this place.  My Gran was such a good steward with her home to leave a wonderful place for us to go to & rest. I can not wait until the next weekend I can get up there!!
<3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment