Monday, February 6, 2012

The Cabin

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it before -- but there is a place that completely calms my soul.  It's the one place where I have always been allowed to just kick my feet up & nap all day long if that's what I had on my agenda.  My Gran's cabin is the best place on earthIt is so calm, so quiet, and so unassuming.  No false pretenses in Ocean Shores.  Just real people living life.  No hoity-toity personality, just down to earth life.  It's so refreshing.

Since my Gran passed last year, it was hard at first to go there and not think she was just upstairs in her room napping (something she was notorious for).  But in spite of her not physically being there -- the peace that came with just being present in the cabin was immeasurable.  My mom & I have often described it as being like getting a big hug from Gran.  I try to go up there at least once a month, just to decompress and rest.  And let me tell you -- this coming weekend can't get here soon enough!  We'll be tackling a few projects around the cabin, but mostly looking forward to kicking up my feet and resting.

It's comforting to be in the place that my Gran loved so much & be surrounded by reminders of her.  Her motto for the beloved cabin: "It's just the beach" -- which always meant, there's no pressure here so just be yourself!  
I'll try and snap some pictures of the cabin this weekend to share.

On a side note -- I have to apologize for the nutty, pessimistic posts lately.  Ever go thru those phases where nothing seems to be right or in line?  That's been me. But was reminded at church yesterday to submit to the Lord with humility & trust that the "upper" story will take care of the "lower" story I'm living.  But I'm always welcoming prayers in that department -- releasing things aren't my strong suit.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment