Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hiatus

An unintentional hiatus was taken....not sure why, but it was needed for whatever reason.  Ever have that moment when you blog and all you can think about really is how my thoughts/blog/experiences compare to those of the women I read.  There were moments when I felt like my life was infinitely less impressive, less "beautiful," just overall less.  Which is utterly & ridiculously stupid!  Plain stupid.

My beautiful, quiet, football filled life is mine -- and that's all that matters! I have a husband I adore, who always keeps me laughing, is the best care taker, is beyond patient & forgiving, & is the man I pray I am worthy of.  He's the man who will be my children's father....and that just has me over the moon! What lucky littles to have that funny, sweet, tender, strong man as their dad! And before you get ahead of yourself -- there's no announcement tied to this post.  We're still happily baby free in the Parker household!  Back to what I was saying....

So what have I been doing with my life in the past 2 months you might be wondering?  Well, still dragging my butt to Spartan, still willing myself to keep going even though I dont "feel" like anything is changing(matter of opinion I'm sure), started half marathon training with my cousin -- which has been surprisingly very awesome.  She's a rockstar.  We're close in age, but were never close in friendship growing up; and this time together has provided a great opportunity to really get to know one another as adults, visit, share life & have fun!  And of course there are the obligatory football events - but I can already tell this year is going to be much more fun and very different than last.  I know what to expect (sort of), I'm prepared for what our new summers really are (head coach summer vs non-head coach summer is drastically different), and I'm looking forward to see how Honey Isaac's work will display itself this year on the field!  I just know the Lord has something very cool in store for that man! Can't wait to see what it is!

And we spent some really sweet time with Isaac's brother & family in Denver in early May.  We were able to celebrate our sweet nephew Kapono's first birthday & baptism.  Definitely a whirlwind trip, but such a blessing to spend quality time with Isaac's brother & our sister-in-law.  And of course, Kapono kept us all in stitches the whole weekend - such a curious, sometimes sassy, but always sweet & laughing boy. 

All this to say -- I'm back, and will try to keep at it.  As well as post more than just "Hey, here's what I've been doing" posts, but include real life thoughts and struggles.  Because that was/is the intent for this ol' thing -- keep it real!

But to leave with some photo gems of some past adventures!
 My cute SIL & BIL - day double date in Denver on Cinco de Mayo!
 One of my best runs to date - and I've even been running
when I'm at our family cabin in WA! I'm going nutty!
 Football gear I schlepped at the Parent Night Meeting
 My cutie husband being goofy...as always!
 Race day with my cousin! Her first 5k & she ROCKED it!
 Her son Liam -- a little ham! But oh so fun!
 My mother-in-law & nephew Kapono -- 
Big K's birthday outfit! She made him a custom
bow tie to match the hat Ike & I gave him!

Look forward to being back at it friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment