Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sore Muscles & Weekend Events

Man - I am beyond sore today! Like day 3 of being sore.... Spartan essentially handed me ass on Tuesday night.  Who knew 27 minutes at 8 different stations would have this kind of impact! Ouchie! 

But in other news, this past weekend Isaac & I had a very lovely time together.  Probably one of the more fun, relaxed weekends we've had together in a while.  Sure there were plans and places to be.  But the days weren't planned in such a way where we felt like we had to run from one thing to the next.  We both started our mornings out nicely - he played golf with a buddy & I slept in til Spartan & then got ready.  Afterwards we made our way north, stopped at a Hawaiian plate lunch spot we discovered & then moseyed over to the Nike Employee Store!  You want to take heaven - that right there is heaven.  Honey Isaac & I specifically set aside some funds from our tax return this year to make a trip to the ES - and my sweet husband basically told me all he wanted were two pairs of shoes (one for this season) and a new belt -- but the rest of the money could be used for new shoes & work out gear for me.  Why might he do this you might be wondering?  Because he has been so proud of my commitment to getting my butt to the gym (ala Spartan & running!) and wanted to be a part of supporting that.  *insert hearts & swoons*  He knows me well.  I do have to say I loved the shoes I got.  But was a little underwhelmed overall with the options for running gear.  Not sure if they're just in a transition or what.  Generally speaking I did score some great items and for that I am thankful.  
Afterwards we met up with Isaac's college buddy who works at Nike & he gave us a tour of his office & the Nike campus.  Have to admit - growing up in OR my entire life, I had never once stepped foot on the Nike campus prior to this day.  It's a pretty set up & it was also pretty cool to drive by parking spots for Nolan Ryan, LeBron James, etc.
What was on the docket next was our local high school all star game - a weekend in the spring/summer/fall just would not be complete without some football in the mix!  Isaac had a couple of players from his previous high school playing so he wanted to show support.  I can't wait for the day when I know my honey is coaching those types of games! It'll be any time...I just know it! :)
And finally we made our way from deep west Portland Metro to deep east to pick up my mom from the airport.  We had some time to kill so totally stopped at Red Robin for happy hour fries & apps.  Delicious.  

Like I said - lots of fun things, but nothing that kept us to a specific time table.  It was such an enjoyable day.  Followed the next day by a fun morning/afternoon with my family going wine tasting.  And of course, wine tasting in West Salem just wouldn't be complete without a pitstop to Walery's for some taco pizza!  My family is classy like that!

There were just so many moments in those 48hours when I had to stop myself and just soak in the goodness.  Appreciate the gentle love given by Isaac.  Appreciate his accomplishments & how he strives to be a better coach & man each day.  And appreciate my family - appreciate my mom's willingness to spend 9 days in Mexico just loving on kids & her excitement to share that with us from the second we picked her up. 

These are the kind of weekends I live for and tuck away to go back to on those rainy, dreary days.  What about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment