Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lazy Days

The mister & I are taking a lazy day today....thankfully it falls in line with my "rest" day from the gym as well.  But it's so nice to lay low, get cozy, and just rest.  Granted the past two days have been off kilter from our new food regimen - but I blame that on Honey Isaac's birthday & a football coaches BBQ.  But hey - it's life right?!  And with that I'm trying to keep reminding myself that one or two meals doesn't make me a fail.  It doesn't demolish everything I've "done" this week.  It's just life.  And today is life.  And tomorrow will be life - and another chance to make another good decision.  

In other news....let me share this beauty with you all....
That right there my friends is my first "True Spartan" bracelet.  What I've mentioned I narrowly missed getting in the past two weeks.  And I nearly missed it this week as well.  Following our grueling Saturday work out our instructor Carlos said we'd have two "Spartan Challenges."  So we all circled up to see who would be the last man/woman standing from a blinded balance challenge.  It came down to me & my friend Misty -- she ultimately beat me in this challenge.  Darn pinky toe came up and then I was all messed up. But following that Carlos started sharing how the people in our class had shown some of the best improvement he'd seen since teaching and he wanted to acknowledge us all for our commitment & improvement since starting.  So we all got a bracelet! FINALLY!

In all honesty, I came home & started sharing the story with Honey Isaac and told him I how I wish I had really "earned" it -- and Lord love him, he interrupted me mid sentence saying -- "But you did earn it - you have gone each time & almost always given it your best or as best you could each time.  That means you earned that bracelet."  Man I love that man...because he's right.  
This is the first time I've been consistent going to the gym -- particularly to do something that is wicked hard & pushes me.  Sure, I was consistent with running...but most of the time that came pretty easy for me & it was just fun to be with my friends/running-family.  But this class -- this thing is a B-face most of the time & super hard for me.  And here I am in to my 3rd month, having only missed classes when absolutely necessary.  

So I proudly wore that bracelet all day & likely will again today.  Hell -- I might even wear it tomorrow & especially to class on Tuesday.  More as a reminder to myself that I am tough, that I can do it, and I can keep going.

Small victories my friends.....small victories!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on earning your True Spartan bracelet! A fantastic reminder of how far you've come already! And to motivate you to continue working hard :)

    ReplyDelete