Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back At It

Welp I'm back....though a BIG part of me would die to be back laying by the pool, getting drinks from Javier, and reading my Kindle like a crazy person!

I do have to say though, this has probably been the most smooth back to work from vacation transition to date! Major props to our partners for covering while my mom & I were gone.  And let me just tell you -- being without a cell phone this vacation was HEAVEN! My mom strictly kept me to checking my emails once(maybe twice) daily; and that was juuuuuust fine by me!  I much more enjoyed relaxing, spending time with Honey Isaac.  We made a few new friends -- saw our friend Yaddi & her daughter Penelope (we've known them & kept in touch for 10 years!) and a few others.  All in all, a fabulous all too short vacation.  Even Honey Isaac enjoyed the time away.  I think he even realized how tied to his cell phone he was too!  He tries to act/say that he can go without it - but the first day at the resort he was having a little withdrawal.  By days end it had passed.  

New Years was pretty low key for the Parker clan this year.  A cozy, calm dinner with our friends and then it was back to our casa to hang out and watch the ball drop.  I even had to wake Isaac up right before the official midnight ball drop just to get my kiss!  Then it was right back to sleep for him.  The poor man runs himself ragged (even more so than I think he even realizes) because when he has the opportunity to slow down he mostly just crashes.  Which makes me glad & sad for him.  But we agreed -- 2013 is the year of balance & healthy choices!  Not looking to go crazy on the work out front; but we are looking to balance our lives.  Time with family, time with friends, time alone, time working out, time to rest, time for responsibilities, time for fun.  Makes me excited!  Did you come up with any new years resolutions?

And for good measure...a few photos!

 View of the front pool at our resort & the lovely swim up bar.
A warm 85 degrees every day....yes, it was in fact heaven.

 Morning after getting back from vacation & Honey Isaac made me breakfast in bed!
Homemade white chocolate chip pancakes! Huzzah!

And just because I can't get over how freakin' precious my husband is!
Baby Hawaiian Honey Isaac!  To say I'm excited for how our kiddos will look would be an understatement! 

Happy Thursday Friends! I'm happy to be back -- and get back on the blog train!
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a relaxing vacation! And yes to more balance in our lives! There are so many things that clamor for our attention, it's so important to slow down from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the life just sitting around the pool, relaxing and having your drinks brought to you. I could do it forever but sadly, we all must come back to work so we can afford to vacation at least once a year.

    Love that photo of baby Isaac.

    ReplyDelete