Thursday, December 20, 2012

Birthday Thoughts

Without making a huge ordeal - I'll just let you know that today is my birthday.  In years past I typically would have a running countdown going from about Halloween on.  But for some reason this year I haven't had the same drive.  It's probably linked to getting older -- except truthfully, most of the time I still feel like the tag-along kid in the majority of settings.

Day after tomorrow we head off on vacation -- one that is desperately needed! The past few months have been wicked exhausting!  With work craziness (and crazies!), football madness, and general life happenings - it's been a challenge to keep all those plates spinning.  

Everything keeps falling in place, for which I'm incredibly thankful to the Lord.  And it's exciting to think about what's on the horizon in the next year.  Hopefully I can make my way thru this next year with a bit more grace & tenacity.  Birthday goal for this 27th year (or 28th year if you were to ask my beloved Gran...she had a unique way of counting birthdays) is to try something new or challenging each month.  First on the docket is a mini-Hawaiian language course.  Already signed up & ready to go once we get back from Mexico!

If I don't post again before leaving (which lets be honest, I probably won't....) - Merry Christmas friends.  May you enjoy this time with the ones you love & know that our Christ was born to give us new birth!

Anna :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh happy day Anna. Hoping you and my favorite Hawaiian have a marvelous time, fill up on Vitamin D, and reconnect! Blessings to the sweet Parkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday my lovely! Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a good one.

    Merry Christmas also. Aren't you off right now in a sunny destination?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year!! Hope your vacation was relaxing and fun!

    ReplyDelete