Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thankfulness

This morning honey Isaac & I made our way to a coffee shop near a local church to meet up with a group of other young marrieds.  It was so nice outside, so we all sat on the patio for our time together.  Let me just tell you -- I loved every minute of it.


Our entire married life (thus far) Isaac & I have talked many times over about wanting & needing to find a community of other young married couples to share life with.  We're both firm believers in the power of being in community.  Tried a few different options but nothing ever seemed to be quite right.  But this morning, this morning felt safe, comfortable, and welcoming.  We've hung out with this group on a couple of other occasions & I know some of the girls from previous small groups, or from high school.  It was so refreshing to sit with a group of married couples, some with kids & some without, and honestly share about our marriages & how we all want the Lord to guide, lead, protect & flourish in our marriages.  The sun & warmth definitely helped as well.


Thankfulness was the primary word on my heart during our time today.  Thankful for an opportunity to be meeting with such wonderful, kind hearted, & welcoming couples.  Thankful for a husband who wants to be a part of a group like this as much as I do.  And today most of all, thankful for some wonderful weather! 


Work this week is going to be challenging I can already tell.  So for now I'll sit in the quiet & enjoy this beautiful sunshine & warmth.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment